Monday, October 26, 2009

Thesis/wendy white

okay, so I just realised what the date is, and that our thesis proposals are due very soon. anyway, i have been spending sometime checking out this artist Wendy white, her shit is really good. she uses a lot of bright iridescent colors, and neons. also she uses black, you may think too much, too dramatic, but it works for me. also she uses text in some of her work, which also intrigued me, cause I've been interested in the idea of text in painting. i tired a bit last semester and failed miserably, but we do seem to have a similar color theme. I've been a little lost in my paintings, not a good lost, and someone suggested multiple panels, and ironically enough, Wendy white uses multiple panels. she also seems to have a modern, spray paint thing going on, very euro, japan, whatever. i have been trying to reach this aesthetic, and lo and behold, Wendy white has been doing it all along. so for my thesis, this artist has been someone whose work i will continue to look at and use ideas from. this is some of her work, but this blog shit is so retarded, I'm sure ill have to post each image separately.

No comments:

Post a Comment